Saturday, December 27, 2008

Good Stuff

I just wanted to provide some info about a few other businesses that I love and support.  I always imagined this must be what blogging is like.

1.  Austin Baby (www.austinbabystore.com) carries all kinds of Earth-mama stuff.  Tons of cloth diapers, natural baby products, etc.  They also have several lines of baby apparel from local designers.  Very cool place.  It's really the only place to go for all of that stuff in one spot!  If you're a new mama, or a bored pregnant lady, looking for something to do for an hour, go to Austin Baby.

2.  360bebe (www.360bebe.com) makes gorgeous baby slings and baby clothes.  I met Emily (the founder) a couple of years ago, and I have done product photos for her site a few times.  She is a beautiful person and a hip and cool mama.  Her slings are stylish and comfortable, and she's local!  You can buy her stuff in Austin Baby and Due Maternity, as well as on her Web site.  I'd love for someone out there to bring me a baby girl in some of Emily's clothes!

3.  Soma Vida (www.somavidaaustin.com) is the coolest concept I've heard about in a long time.  It's this place down on Rosewood (very close to my new place), that bills itself as a "work-life balance center."  They offer acupuncture, massage, yoga, and the like, but my favorite thing is called "co-working."  I can take my MacBook up to Soma Vida (they have child care on Tuesdays and Thursdays) and work, not in the isolation of my home, but around warm, sweet women!  Of course, now I have Angela full-time, so I haven't been spending as much time there as I did at first, but I wanted to tell everyone about it because it's such a refreshing and inviting place.  Plus, that 12-1p.m. TTH yoga class (taught by Dawn of Yoga Yoga fame) is not playin' around.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment